07 Oct Enginuity Leads the Way to a Cleaner Future
Enginuity’s Green Power Generation Technology Leads the Way to a Cleaner Future!
Unlike conventional power, a lot of which is produced by burning coal, Enginuity’s E|ONE, a micro-Combined Heat and Power (m-CHP) system, is powered by clean and plentiful natural gas or propane. In fact, Enginuity’s E|ONE is so much more efficient than grid energy that installing one in your home can eliminate the CO2 equivalent of taking a car off America’s roads!
For those of you who like to check the math here are the calculations (1):
Home energy use accounts for 8.35 tons of CO2 per house, per year; this includes averages for all-electric, natural gas, liquid petroleum gas, and oil. Enginuity’s m-CHP, operating at 90% efficiency, is 2.62 times more efficient than the grid and more efficient than your standard furnace and water heater. This means that every installation of Enginuity’s m-CHP reduces a home’s CO2 emission by nearly 50%, or 4.2 tons of CO2 per home, per year. If all 60 million homes with natural gas furnaces and water heaters had Enginuity’s E|ONE would reduce CO2 emissions by more than 250 million metric tons per year.
To put that number into perspective, the average passenger vehicle emits 4.7 metric tons of CO2 equivalent per vehicle, per year. This means that for every home installed with an Enginuity E|ONE, it offsets an average vehicle’s CO2 emissions by 91%…almost a 1:1 ratio.
E|ONE feature points:
- Uses natural gas, which has 50% less carbon emissions than coal.
- Most efficient way to utilize the cleanest fuel.
- Uses BOTH heat and power, unlike power plants.
- Avoid 5% transmission losses.
- Integrate with renewables and batteries.
- Can make renewables reliable.
- Deployed at scale in Europe and Japan.
- Will reduce carbon in dirty-grid areas for a very long time.
- Can be close to carbon neutral with modest monthly purchases of carbon offsets.
(1) All information provided by U.S. Government Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Jim Warren | Founder & Inventor, Board Member